Meta Monsters II: Cosmic Aura is a role-playing adventure game developed and published by LegendGames Entertainment and created by Buddy Thompson and Justin Wolfe. It stars two protagonists that venture across the Pintigo Region. The players may once again choose to be male or female, and have the option to change the name of their chosen protagonist.
Meta Monsters II retains all of the same gameplay mechanics as its predecessor, as well as the introduction of new mechanics. Certain Monsters are able to call upon the powers of Cosmic forms, special transformations that make the creature more alien-like in appearance, and boost their power. A new type, Cosmic, has been introduced, which applies to all Cosmic forms. Additional changes are under development.
The story is still under development, although the elements that are known are that:
- Players once again take the role of a male or female protagonist, named Nathan and Valerie, and set off on their journey across the all-new region of Pintigo.
- The new criminal organization is composed not of villainous ex-Meta Monsters champions or anyone of that sort, but instead, an extraterrestrial race that is attempting to capture all Meta Monsters and bring them to their home planet.
- The Meta Monsters are revealed to have originated from an extraterrestrial world, and certain Meta Monsters are able to call upon special transformations known as Cosmic forms.
- If players have a save file of Meta Monsters, Vincent or Veronica will have the same appearance as the player's design in the original game.
- In addition, if the player chooses the male hero, Vincent will appear in the game, and Veronica if the player is female. However, if the player has a save file of the first game, the character they chose will appear in Cosmic Aura, regardless of the current protagonist's gender.